Tween Boys Bedroom Dream Board

By
Advertisement

As you probably already know, I have two sons, Liam is twelve and a half and Jaxon is nine and a half. So they are both right there in their awesome tween years.
:)


As they grow, I am constantly making over their shared bedroom to keep up with their likes and interest.  In fact, it hasn't even been a year since the last time we made over their room.  Remember that? When I handed over my huge Benjamin Moore color fan deck and told them I would paint their room Any Color they wished, and of course the picked the loudest, brightest, shade of orange/red in the deck! But I did it, I painted that color on their walls, cringing the whole time, but in the end, all that really mattered is that they LOVED it!

Well not too long ago they told me that they were ready for a change, and so once again I handed them my basket full of color chips..... And you guys, they did SO Good this time!  Look at what colors they decided on.

True Value/Aged Pepper (D384) for the walls

And True Value/Overcast (D385) for the trim

We are currently in the stage of painting the room and I have to say, it's looking amazing!
Once we are finished with the painting, it will be time to decorate the room, which is always my favorite part.  I have been busy searching through Wayfair picking out everything I Dream of putting in my boy's shared bedroom and I have found some really cool stuff.  Here have a look!
(this post contains affiliated links)


Let's start with the beds.


I absolutely Love these wood and metal platform beds and the price of them is great too! But what I'm the most excited about is that each of the beds will fit perfectly in between one of  these 6 Tier 6 Wide Employee Lockers.  How cool would that be for a tween boy to have his bed surrounded by lockers?! I can just picture them now filled full of books, toys, and all of their other "stuff".

My boys could really use some new good quality mattresses and I think these Wayfair pillow top ones would be perfect for them.  This Normandy Plaid Comforter Set would complement the new color on the walls so nicely, and I'd pair the comforter with these Jersey Sheets.

Now for the Lighting.

Because the lockers have a rod for hanging clothes, I thought that instead of clothes, my boys could hang these lantern String Lights from the rods. They could act as a little reading light for them. Other fun lights for around the room is this Lighted Arrow Marquee sign, and this 18" Edison table lamp. As far as the overhead ceiling light, I think this Cheke Flush Mount light would be a great choice for the room.

Awesome Room Decor 


First of all, anyone who has hardwood floors in a bedroom knows the comfort of a nice big soft rug.   I think for a boys room, this Indoor/outdoor area rug would be ideal because it's stain resistant and easy to clean.
As for artwork to go on the walls, my boys love the game, Magic of the Gathering, and so this Silk Screen Print Art would make the perfect accessory in their room.  The Mr. Pineapple Canvas print just makes me smile and would really add a fun touch too

And then to complete the room, I would add in some "Boy" throw pillows, like this Boys Only and this Who's a good boy Pillow.

So what do you think of my ideas for a cool Tween Boys Room?
I would love to make this Dream Board come alive and I know my boys would love it for years to come..... which means I wouldn't be re-decorating again anytime soon.  Yay!
I'll be sure to keep you posted on all of the changes we make to the room.



Thanks for stopping by,
Emily

0 comments:

Post a Comment