THE FINISHED POWDER ROOM

By
Advertisement



If you are on Instagram you have already seen the results of my bathroom makeover!  Let me say that it's been a while since I have had more fun with design.....

From hatching the idea and collecting the frames and art....I was obsessed with it!

Of course nothing goes off without a few hiccups that's for sure.  I was positive that the install was on Friday until Rose and I were talking Wednesday afternoon and then all of the sudden I panicked.  I texted my installer and he did confirm that I had booked for Thursday....ugh.

OMG!  So Rose kindly called her client to rearrange her appt so she could help me...gotta love a friend like that!  I also had an appt at 1:00 and guess what??

She texted me that she needed to cancel so I did not have to be stressed and in a hurry!

OK....let's get started here!

The before......in case you forgot how bland it was:)



When we got there we put all the smaller ones on the DR table and then taped off the floor so we could get an idea of things......



Then we started with the biggest wall making allowances for the toilet etc.


We started hanging from the top and you will see that after we got this wall hung we ended up hanging one even higher.



I also wanted to hang a shelf over the toilet....just to break it up a little....



Then we got ahead of ourselves and stopped to figure out which rug to use.  Ha Ha.


We liked them both but 2 things....the larger one was too close to the toilet....if you know what I mean...wink wink.  And we felt like the smaller one was more neutral and there would already be so many focal points in the room!


So there you have it in the rug department!

Moving on....



Detail shots!  Mind you I have not gotten a plumber over there yet to change out the faucet!





At the last minute I decided I wanted a cross in the mix and I thought that would be easy to find.  Nope.  So I popped into a very tiny thrift store and found this one for 4.00.  Moral of the story....don't give up!


Very hard to get pictures in this space!




I am still so pleased with my mirror find....just enough bling for this space....




Loving this vintage shelf I found at Antiques and Beyond a few days before install!





I am trying to give you shots of all the art....this is the wall to the right when you walk in....




Rose and I both thought it would be good to break up the art with a mirror, turtle shell, the cross and the basket!






I can't wait to get the faucet changed out....but dang I think it's pretty epic!

Trash can, hand towels, infuser on the shelf and kleenex box from BD Jefferies.  

Hope you enjoyed the tour and I gave you some inspiration.

Love you guys!

Shaycheckedthisprojectoffthelist




0 comments:

Post a Comment