BEDROOM UPDATE AT PROJECT TOWNHOUSE

By
Advertisement



Well hello peeps!  I've missed you.....but I was down for a while with Covid!  Yup...I was kind of lax getting my booster and I actually thought it was just a cold as those were my symptoms but I noticed my taste and smell were off so that is what made me go to the drugstore and get a test.  

Luckily the few people I did have some contact with were not infected...... except Rose....and I like to share everything with her anyway:)  What was weird was that our symptoms were SO different....She had a fever and I never got one....and she did not lose her smell or taste. 

Anyway I still have the sniffles but feel pretty good over all.  A little tired in the afternoons....

I have a little update on one of my fav projects....it's the one that I did the bathroom for! I am sure all of you have been hearing about the supply chain problems so of course furniture has been slowly trickling in.

I am so used to getting it all in and then doing a major install but at this time I just don't want people to be waiting for things any longer.....

Anyway the bed finally arrived and I remember being so angst about ordering a camel colored bed but in the end I trusted my gut and boy am I glad I did!



This is the bed style I ordered from Bernhardt called the Cooper Wing Bed.


Remember when I installed this amazing Romo wallpaper on just the bed wall?

She already had these lamps so I just got some new shades...and that was an improvement right away!



I ordered these Noir night stands...I needed something that was not too deep as there is a closet door on one said and these were perfect.  Plus I knew I wanted black as they also had this amazing MCM dresser that they wanted to keep!



This is the dresser.....


Here is a closeup of the blinds I ordered....


After the light fixture was installed I found the most amazing vintage rug that was perfect!


Here is a closeup of the bed with the wallpaper....I don't know about you but I am in love!


And here she is in all of her glory.....I think the rug is the shining star!



I love when I room looks curated and I think one has that feeling with some vintage mixed in with the new....








She had the art so I hung it but it will eventually go in the bathroom as I found an amazing piece for this wall.  Need to get it framed first!


I also found a chest for under the TV....I looked long and hard for this as it needed to blend with both the MCM dresser and the black nightstands....


It still has a clean look but it is a darker finish than the dresser.....they really need storage since this  downsizing and I was so happy to find it!



I have been playing around with some accessories!


I also found an amazing mirror to go over the dresser but have not had a chance to get it hung yet!



Of course now I am in a dither to find a  lamp and some accessories.  It's always something:)

So it's been a little over 3 months since I lost my sister to cancer.  I still walk by her house everyday and think all the same things that everyone else thinks when they lose a loved one too soon.....I wish I could pick up the phone and call her.  As a family we are about to spend Thanksgiving in her new kitchen and it will be such a bittersweet moment as she had been talking about this renovation for a couple of years.

 I think the thing about death is... it's hard to realize sometimes how final it is....and of course there is always thoughts of "could I have done more"....other medical treatments that we could have tried....

Maybe it would have extended her life a few months but the outcome would have eventually been the same.

Hope you guys are all well.....

Shaystillsad









0 comments:

Post a Comment