UPDATING A BORING POWDER ROOM

By
Advertisement




Hey y'all....happy fall!  Today I might actually be able to wear a sweater here in Atlanta.....


Let's just dive right in......I am going to share my thoughts on updating this plain ordinary powder room and what I am going to do with it to make it "sing"......:)


Here she be....typical builders blah powder room!  It has high ceilings and that is about it!


Here comes the paint!


I went with BM Wrought Iron....I was going to go with SW Tricorn Black but it just seemed to severe to me so I changed it at the last minute....

The faucet was an inexpensive Delta so I am swapping it out with the same brand but in a satin gold color and I also ordered a new light fixture.



I struggled over what finish to order the light fixture in but decided to go with the dark bronze....I know a lot of the art has gold frames so I had to put the breaks on the gold....haha!



I went to my favorite flea market....Antiques and Beyond here in Atlanta and after finding 4 different mirrors I stumbled on this one and knew immediately I found the perfect one!

So next up is the art.  I wanted to do all kinds of art so I started hunting for vintage frames at many flea markets....as you know the frames are the most expensive part and it would have cost a mint to have them all custom framed!




I scored all of these in one day from a few different places! 


I bought some art at Scott's Antique Market!


I also bought quite a few pieces from this amazing artist at Scotts.  You can find her on Instagram @vsidesart


This is some of the art from my first haul.....



I am at the frame shop here trying to decide which art goes in which frame and picking out the matting....


Sometimes if I like a frame but it has ugly art in it I will still buy!



I picked these up at the framers yesterday!  SO EXCITED!!

I used the Fast Frame here in Atlanta on Piedmont Road.

Still need to find a small vintage rug for this space...hope to secure this today!  The art install is Friday so stay tuned on Instagram for some pictures in Stories.....

I have to say that this client is amazing....every time I text her something her reply is "whatever you think"!  I mean dream client right!


OK....Cami has nudged me about 5 times wanting her walk.....so I must run!
  
Hope you all are having a wonderful week.....mine has been a bit difficult but I am trying to stay focused on the good things and I always know there are so many people who are struggling more than I am.

Always.

Sherika






0 comments:

Post a Comment