American Beauty

By
Advertisement





   Hello everyone,

I have put away all our Christmas,
decor....well except for some in
our family room that I intend to
enjoy for awhile yet

So, today it is a very different
look for my post.

Last October my husband and I
spent a few days in Nova Scotia
when our Covid bubble was open
to the Atlantic provinces.

We enjoyed one of our nights in
Lunenburg . So, the next day on
a beautiful sunny day we enjoyed 
a stroll by the beautiful heritage
homes. As, luck would have it
there were a few yard sales set up.

I spotted these beauties and could not resist them!









American Beauty by Royal Albert




The lovely lady that I bought these from
told me that her Mom(a war bride)
from England took this set with her on the
          ship after the war. 
It reminded me of my Dutch Mama
who also was a war bride...alas though no dishes!

She said the dishes that I got were all
that were left of the set after many years
of good use.

I was happy to get them and she
was happy they would still be loved.





I love that the creamer and sugar
dish on the tray survived.








I didn't get a teapot with them but I
 am sure it was used to serve
many cups of English tea!

This teapot I already had and it
is a pretty good match I think and
who knows when an American Beauty
teapot will show up at another yard sale.


So pretty!




Well, I am off for my walk and
I just might enjoy a cup of tea
by the fireside when I get back.

I hope you have a spot of beauty
in your day!

Thank you to all who left good
wishes for us in 2021.

Take care,

     Carolyn


via : warrengrovegarden.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment