THIS AND THAT

By
Advertisement




Don't get me wrong....I am just an unhappy as you  about this "shelter in place" situation.  

But.... all of this time at home has helped me focus on work.  There is so much paperwork involved with being a designer.....yes I wish it was all "picking out pretty things" and shopping but there is also ordering and invoicing plus keeping us with client files.....along with SO much internet research!

I have had a few bouts of boredom....but in actuality I only felt that way because I did not want to do what I should be doing! 

So let's catch up!

I took over Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles instastories on Saturday to do a feature called #myatlantaneighborhood


I thought I would share it with you!

We are so lucky to have a nature trail which is where I walk Cami!


There is also an organic garden where you can use a raised bed!


  There are small cottages.....
right next to much larger homes....


Spring is in full bloom here is Atlanta!


Lately I have noticed lots of flags....


Boxwoods are everywhere....


The homes are mostly traditional....and in the last few years.....a lot of the homes have been painted white:)

So there's that.


A friend of mine made me a mask so I wore it to Kroger.  But dang y'all....I about suffocated and was breathing so hard my glasses fogged up and I felt like Helen Keller in there.....boy I can't imagine is this becomes the "norm"....I guess we can save money on lipstick right?


So far this was my most active day with walking Cami....she's over it.....and going for a long walk outside!


She is still happy though having mama home so much:)



Greige Textiles sent me some gorgeous samples....I'm thinking a client will get some pretty pillows soon!




I have been listening to Brene Brown on Podcast....amazing.


I also got samples from Schumacher showing there new collaboration with Matouk....so very pretty!

 And I saw these cool new wallpapers from Jill Sorensen on Instagram!

I was working on a dining room for a client....but I kind of got the table wrong....she has the round one..... so now I am thinking to have a new top made in wood.....



These are just a few of the things going on.  

I am happy to report that my brother in law is coming back to life after chemo and radiation. It's true what they say.....chemo takes you to the brink of death.  He has been walking and finally able to eat again after 2 months.  The goal is to get strong enough to have surgery on May 1st.

I hope all is well for everyone...isn't this teaching us patience?  

Stay safe....hopefully we will all be hugging soon:)

Shayfab






0 comments:

Post a Comment