PROJECT BOULDER BEFORE AND AFTER PART 3

By
Advertisement






As promised I have some more Boulder before and afters to share.....let's get right to it!  

When you walk in from the garage you go through that incredible laundry room and then into this den.  It's very spacious with plenty of light!

Here is the before [real estate pic]  #browncity

It received new windows and that bulkhead was removed for a cleaner look....that is the thing about Greg....he and I both share the goal to open it up!



This is the listing pic....which shows how spacious this room is....The room is painted my fav.  Benjamin Moore White Dove.

Most of this staging furniture we used on the last project....but with a little rearranging it always seems to take on a new life and look fresh again.


Before


After

This is the only dark wall....

But I felt it would ground this space and give it some warmth.

Listing picture.

This was the original mantel which was sanded down and re-stained....

I supplemented a few of the vases with a few more from West Elm.....cause a grouping of #blackandwhitevases just works right?

Custom iron brackets.  After all this IS Boulder....iron is a must:)

If you were watching my stories... I searched everywhere for a black coffee table....until we went to Ikea and snagged this one.

Trying to find stuff out there was brutal as college had just started and dorm rooms were being decorated.  I had never seen a Target SO empty!

You've seen this shelving piece in at least 3 projects :)



Before

I staged it as a game area.....

Old Pier One table with West Elm chairs.

Well that about wraps it up.....I still have upstairs to share so stay tuned my friends.


In other news.....

I'm not sure how to begin.  I am shaking as I write these words.....
I have been eluding for a few post now that things might not be so hunky dory for me.  I guess when you have a blog...the whole point is transparency....I mean if you aren't authentic people can sniff that out right?

I have always had a tendency to overshare....all my life.  Vulnerability came easy to me....tears when I'm sad....laughter when I'm happy.....this is going to be a rough one to spill on these pages.

Wednesday night [September 4th] I came home from Boulder to find out that my husband had left me.  He moved out while I was gone....no note or any communication.  To say I was/am devastated is an understatement. 

One week later I was served [at the front door] divorce papers.   Your first question might be "did you see this coming"....I did not.  We just celebrated our 26th anniversary on July 27 with dinner out.  Hand holding and "I love you" followed.  

So.... I am trying to pick up the pieces of my life right now....not exactly my plan at 67 years old.  I'm struggling.....but oh so blessed with my 2 sisters who live close by.  They have not left my side.  

And.....so many friends who have hugged..... loved on me and propped me up [including my Boulder family].  All I can think of is have I been that kind of friend?  I hope so because the kindness has been almost overwhelming...the emails and phone calls I have received... with words of support....have been humbling.  

Like I said before I am not the first person to go through this.  Having lost both my parents at 63 and 73 which was in itself very hard.... I know that this is a "one day at a time" gig.  

Because as trite as it sounds....time is the true healer.

Please hang in there with me as this blog is an important part of my life so I am making every effort to hang on to it.  

Sherika











 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment