ONE ROOM CHALLENGE FALL 2016 WEEK THREE

By
Advertisement




Dang....it was kind of a reality check to write "week 3" because that means we are halfway through the challenge.  Uh oh.

Welcome back to what I like to refer to as the design marathon called the One Room Challenge.  

20 designers who have 6 weeks to makeover a room....we all cross the finish line at the same time......only there is no medal when you finish:)

Linda where are the medals?  I want mine to say "slowest start.....fastest finish"!

I'm in good company though:)


Even though I know every single one of these talented people are way ahead of me I am not going to hold a grudge.  

I can be forgiving like that:)

Let's move on from my rant and get to the pictures cause after all you have a lot of blogs to check in with today.

My guys finished putting up the Metrie trim in the bedroom and it is straight up crazytown over here because I went running in like my hair was on fire and had them add some trim to this wall!




 Before...



After

And in this picture you can see that there was no trim where the boards meet from the ceiling to the walls...

Hello better option!

Great right?  Call the painters and let's get the ball moving.  Oh no....instead let's brainstorm and decide to change the trim in the master bath also..... wallpaper in there.....change the lights and sink faucets.

I know.  Shoot me.  Look the reality is that I would like to renovate my master bath.  But I doubt that is gonna happen this year or next so I might as well put some lipstick and a party dress on it.  

Hee Haw


 This Thibaut texture wallpaper will be perfect in a bathroom....and I am going to paint the trim one shade darker.


I ordered these Kohler Purist sink faucets from Build.com


And I found these Hudson Valley lights from our ORC sponsor Bellacor

Kind of excited cause they take a 100 watt bulb which will enable me to see all of my wrinkles up close.

Ordered this rug from All Modern another ORC sponsor.


Here's hoping I picked the right shade of lipstick to make a difference!

There is this little corner in the way back of my mind that wants to paint the walls in the bedroom a dark color....SW Urbane Bronze.  


I know.....so not me.  But I have cathedral ceilings which I am painting high gloss white and all the trim will be white and my floors are light.....and after all it's just paint. 

Will she do it?   I say go big or go home:)

Stay tuned for week 4!

Here is your homework for today.....go see all the updates from the 19 other talented ladies....


Shaboom















0 comments:

Post a Comment