New Paint in my Boy's Bedroom

By
Advertisement
The new paint color is up in my boy's bedroom and I'm so excited to share it with you today.
This is actually the fourth time I have painted their shared bedroom in the five years that we have lived here.  You can see all of the previous wall colors and bedroom looks in THIS blog post.  The previous color being the most bold of all.
 I'd say my boys are pretty lucky to have a mom who is willing to paint their room anytime and any color that they wish, don't you?



So together my boys picked out these new paint colors that are on both, the walls and the trim.  I seriously couldn't be any more pleased with the colors they chose.  They are perfect for this room and such a nice change from the bright color that was painted on the walls previously. If you don't remember what that color was, see it HERE.



This is the new color on the walls:

True Value/Aged Pepper (D384)



And I love that my boys chose to paint the trim as well because it had always just been white before. This darker color that they picked for the trim was found on the same color strip as the color on the walls.

And when I say trim, I'm actually referring to the trim, the built-ins, the crown molding, and both of the windows. I used up just as much of the dark paint as I did with the wall color paint. The darker color really makes all of the details of the room stand out so much better now.  

True Value/Overcast (D385)

I have to say, I really love it! My boys did good!
 Their bedroom looks so much more sophisticated then it has ever looked before.  I feel that the wall color has a bit of a  Restoration Hardware feel to it. Don't you agree?
Now that the walls are painted, the room is now in need of some new beds, bedding, and room accessories to complete the makeover.  I put together this dream board for the room and you can see even more of my ideas in THIS POST HERE.



So hopefully I will be able to share some more changes to the room soon. But in the meantime, I am just really happy with the new paint colors.


Perhaps, I should start letting my boys have a say in the rest of our home's paint colors. :)


I hope that I have inspired you in one way or another today.
Please let me know your thoughts or questions in a comment below.

Thanks for stopping by,

Emily


0 comments:

Post a Comment