If you garden, they are come-weed that is. New gardens, in particular, often harbor many weeds.
The key to taming weeds week control techniques effective week. By dealing with the problem weekly, especially set as your garden, the garden weeds are less of an issue. This is partly because weeds not been allowed to develop (and reseed) and because the crops get bigger and more robust.
There are several strategies that you can minimize this annoyance. The following tips will give help you have an advantage over weeds, and keep your garden looking its best.
Weed a little at a time, but often. In this way, weeds will not gain the upper hand, and you will not have to spend at a time, drag hours.
- pull weeds when they are small, not only are they easier to remove, they disturb less soil. If you disturb soil in a bed, buried weed seeds come to the surface and germinate.
- Corn gluten can be applied to annual weed beds to prevent seed germination. Do not use it if you sow seeds in the same bed.
- to remove When perennial weeds, remove the entire root if possible. Many perennial weeds will again sprout from the root pieces.
- Mulch use weed out the sun a 3-inch layer of organic mulch to block germinate prevent many weeds, but remove all visible weeds before applying mulch.
- In some parts of the garden, such as around trees or under bushes or on the edge of the garden, landscape fabric can be used to create a physical barrier against weeds. Cover the landscape fabric with mulch, such as wood chips or pine needles, for a finished look. let go
- Never weed seed-this applies to the garden and the surrounding areas. Many weed seeds are carried by wind, so the less windy your garden is, the less weedy be your beds.
- If your crops self sow seedlings actually qualify as weeds. Remember, a weed is a plant growing where it does not belong. So if you have a plethora of Cleome or Cosmos seedlings, you may need to pull them, or at least they dig and transplant them to another location.
- Perennials can be distributed over the space you have allotted them. Once again, they must prevent a weedy looking garden, be removed.
- In a vegetable garden, mulch with newspaper under a layer of straw.
- Keep weeds from creeping into your garden by edging with a solid barrier such as brick, pavers, stone or wood.
- never pull a weed go when you notice it, or it is just bigger.
- Make sure compost is thoroughly decomposed before applying to your garden beds. Some weed seeds (and even the seeds of cherry tomatoes) survive in a compost pile over the winter, and you do not want to spread around your perennials.
these tips The implementation will keep the upper hand hand ~~ POS = HEADCOMP about your weed, and looking your garden its best
(Source: White Flower Farm).
Tagged with: garden • weed • garden weed • mulch • mulching weeds • perennial weeds • pull weeds • weed taming • weed • weeds • weed seeds • weed
Filed under: garden • garden Tips • home & garden • garden
How this post Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!