Why I Chose My House & A Fun Blog Hop

By
Advertisement
 I love our home!
I know that may sound a bit cocky, but hey it's the truth!
I have been in love with our home ever since I first stepped foot in it six years ago.
Today I wanted to share some of the reasons why I chose our home in a fun blog hop that's hosted by Jennifer at Town and Country Living.  I was so excited to get the invite from Jennifer because I think this is such a neat topic. So at the end of this blog post I will have a list of all of the other bloggers who are also sharing a more personal and informative tour of their own homes.

Here is our Little Cottage Bungalow that was built in 1924


When I first saw the listing for our home I passed it up thinking that although it was a super cute house it was just too small for our family. But then one day the realtor had added a few more pictures to the listing showing that there was a basement with a family room and that's when I knew I had to see more.


Here is a picture of what the house looked like at that time: 


I still remember the day that we came to view the house. It was in the middle of winter, and the house felt dark and cold because there was no heat and no power and all of the curtains were closed. But the second I stepped in I felt like this house was meant to be ours.


The first thing that had me at Hello was that our house is located on one of the prettiest streets in town lined with old beautiful homes and big tall trees. Our home is also in walking distance to the city park, library, middle school, hardware store and my husbands law office, which was the main reason for the move. 


Because our home was built in 1924 I dream about what it looked like back in its day. I've searched our town's history museum and the internet both hoping to come across some old pictures of it but unfortunately I couldn't find any. However, I did find picture of some of the other homes on our street that are considered to be historic, so that was fun to see.


 Now let's head on inside of our home and I'll share a few things that made this house a done deal for me. 


This house was fully remodeled a couple of years before we bought it, and so I always felt that we got the best of both worlds; the charm of an old home but without all of the work of updating it.
These two corner hutches in our dining room are original to the home but all of the wainscoting and molding was newly added.


A few years after we moved into our home, I met a gal who is the sister of the man who came in and did all of the remodeling.  She shared with me a ton of before pictures of our home, including this one of our dining room. Yes, this is the same room!



I once did a huge blog post showing all of those before pictures and then pictures right after the remodel. It is a really fun blog post to read, so if you are interested, you can check it out HERE.

Probably the biggest shocker is the master bedroom upstairs. This was once wasted space and looked liked this:

Now it's a beautiful master suite! And I absolutely love the old brick chimney.


If I had to pick a favorite room in our house though, I'd have to say it is the sunroom/office. The old french doors leading in, the wall of old windows and the sunlight that shines in all make this room so relaxing to be in. I'm sure you can see why it's my favorite.


Something kinda interesting in here though are the floors. If you look closely in this next picture you will notice a line breaking up the wood. This has always made me wonder if there was once a couple of extra feet added to this room. If only these walls (or floors) could talk. 


Okay, now I leave you with the final selling point of our home....


With two boys this play fort in the backyard truly had me believing that this house was meant to be ours.  :)

There are so many other things that I love about our house but with that said, it's not perfect.
The yard is pretty small, the neighbors are too close, we would love to add an extra bedroom and bathroom to the basement, and it's nowhere near the ocean, which I always say, If I could change one thing about our home it would be to give it an ocean view. 

What are some things you love about your home? What was it that made you choose your home? And What are some of your homes quirks?
(when I say home, I also mean condo, apartment, rental space, or wherever home is to you).
Leave me a comment and let me know.
You can also come chat with me on Facebook or Instagram.

Now let's see what these other bloggers are saying about their homes.
Also, Please stop back tomorrow to finish up on the tour.


Monday's Homes
Why I Chose My Home Tour - Monday

Tuesday's Homes
Why I Chose My Home Tour - Tuesday

Why I Chose My Home Tour - Tuesday

0 comments:

Post a Comment