BEACHY RENTAL REFRESH

By
Advertisement




I made it home from the beach with chipped and broken nails but my spirit was still intact.  If you have been reading DI for a while then you know that we purchased this beach rental down on 30A at the peak of the market back in 2006.

Yeah.....it's definitely been a struggle but thank goodness it is finally breaking even with good rentals.  Whew.....those were some lean years for us.

I think I have mentioned before how much work it is keeping the place spiffed up as it sleeps 10 and that many people can be hard on a place.  Word of advice.....just rent.....it's much easier:)

The same furniture had been there for 11 years and lawd....it was not a pretty site.  Time for a refresh!  The last time I did one was here

I knew it was slim pickens down there for furniture shopping because everything is so expensive!  But I stumbled on a store called Stock and Trade Design Co and it was the motherload.  Reasonable prices and tons of merchandise.  

I got a sofa that was sunbrella AND slipcover. 



I purchased the coffee table and rug also.



The chair in the corner is so comfy and performance fabric also.

I have to tell you that I went in one store and asked the sales women if she had any sofa's or chairs in performance fabric and she looked at me and said "what is that"?  

Crickets......

I said you know "fabric that sings and dances"......what the heck.....are you kidding me?

We left.



Yes it drives me crazy that the sofa can't be centered under the window.....





I got that original watercolor picture a while back at a thrift store for 35.00





So this small table and chairs were purchased a few years ago from a flea market and then I stumbled across the place called Not Too Shabby  and bought this mirror!




I painted this Pottery Barn wood and glass console while I was there and I took about 5 coats and 3 full days.  Don't you hate when you start a project that you think will be so stinking easy and.....it's so not!









This piece is original [I bought when I first did the place]

I found this little occassional chair at a place called Retail Therapy.  Good deals in that place!


There are still a few things to do....but it's so clean we backed out of that place......call me done!

Got home Tuesday night and it's already Friday.  I could be a little happy about that:)



After Cami wined for 3 hours she wore herself out.  Traveling with that girl is not for sissy's.

Shaydoneforanotheryear









0 comments:

Post a Comment