A handsome lawn and home garden must be created and maintained with the protection of the environment.
seceral savvy lawn owners good mowing practices used, but among them the practice is sharpening their mower blades almost nonexistent.
A few simple mowing practices could really help transform your lawn:
- raise to the highest setting your mower blades, or about 3 inches. Taller grass builds strong roots and compete better with weeds.
- often mow when the grass is actively growing. Take only about 1/3 of the grass blade each time you mow to minimize plant stress and maximize health.
- Let grass clippings on the lawn. reduce recycling nutrients in the cut grass in the back ground your need for additional fertilizer.
- Keep mower blades sharp, it cuts your gas consumption by 25 percent. Clean cut grass is stronger and more resistant to pests. Turn the ragged edges left by blunt knife blades of grass brown, so that the lawn appear sick she adds. A month lawnmower blade Touch-up is once everything you need to make the brown tips disappear. But do not wait to sharpen as long when you hit rocks or other blade dulling properties.
- Keeping sharp knife does not need not be expensive or time consuming chore, too. Bushway proposes two different approaches.
- It is always better professional help.Most small engine repair shops get your blades for about $ 3 to $ 6 raise.
- DIY practices will also help you a lot and when the blade is not bad stolen, then it is not difficult to touch the edges.
- The gas tank is empty, pull the spark plug wire, then remove the blade.
- Secure the blade in a vise. Run a metal file along the cutting edge, or use a cordless drill with a small grindstone mounting. Avoid removing more metal from one end of the blade than the other
- Check the balance. Hang the blade of a screwdriver inserted through the center hole. If the blade tips a way to remove more metal from the heavier side.
- again connect sword safely, then the spark plug wire. Gas and you are ready to mow sharp.
- With both approaches could be more blades to buy, they change regularly, and sharpen them all in one sitting on a rainy day or over the winter.
with the Keywords: garden • gardening • garden Tips • Good mowing practices • yard • lawn • lawn mowing • mowing tips • mower blades • Save gas
Filed under: environment • gardening equipment • garden • home and garden • lawn • lawn care • lawn mowers
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!