2021 DESIGN TRENDS

By
Advertisement




I told y'all on Tuesday that I would be joining 5 other bloggers to discuss 2021 Design Trends.


Look at little ole me hanging with the big dogs!
  

And here I am at 5:15 Wednesday afternoon [that is why I am not a big dog] putting this little ditty together while I am almost positive all of the others are having a glass of wine by now because they have been finished since November.

Yeah....whiner.....party of one.

OK....I am not totally in the weeds here as I have been at least thinking about it.  That counts right?

Here goes.....get your coffee or wine and take a little break!

The first thing I am seeing a lot of is Applied Wall Trim in an architectural way.


It is a very classic look and has been around since the stone age.

I worked on 3 renovations last year and the architect called for it in a few rooms.  Now I know what you are thinking!  How do I hang pictures on it?

Well I found this inspirational photo for you.


You are welcome.

Next up is Painted Doors

Remember when everyone was painting their interior doors black?  I do and I still love that look as it is so classic.  But....if you are not a fan then I have seen lots of lighter colors happening lately!



Number 3 would be Wood Kitchen Cabinets.  Look I love a white kitchen....that is no secret but I am also a fan of adding some wood to warm it up.  It is safe to say that this trend started out west and has been slowly working its way to us here in Georgia.

Now this is what you might be thinking we are talking about...



OK....I know you remember this look....but think again!



You with me now?



Plenty of white but the wood really warms it up....

I love the look now but we all know that one day in 10 years or so we might be standing around thinking "a nice coat of fresh white paint will sell this place"  Ha Ha

Dark Houses

OK.....we have seen plenty of houses painted white [including mine] over the last 5 years.  Look I love a pretty white house and I would be OK if every house was white and we all wore white and the inside of said houses were white.....but hey that would be kind of weird..........but would it:)   

I am loving dark painted houses so hard right now.

I think a little wood or white windows also makes a dark house pretty.



If you remember I got my clients to paint the Madison Project dark and it looks so good.



Moving right along I am going with the return of Rich Color on the walls.  Again....I love a good white room but....when I see rich saturated colors like this I start to gaze up to the sky with my hand on my chin and say hmmmmmmm......




source





source


What are you thoughts on this one?

So my last trend has to do with Kitchen Backsplashes 

I am seeing a lot of kitchens without a tile backsplash.....but just taking the counter material and running it up the wall.  I have done this in a few projects and I like it.


West Of Main

I was at the Mart yesterday and both Rose and I decided we did not see any earth shattering trends in interior design but we are noticing that mixing modern with some old vintage pieces is popping on the pages of magazines.  It really helps to keep a room from feeling predictable.

I am so curious to read what is trending in other areas....so run over to these bloggers to see what they have to say!

Mary Ann Pickett  Classic Casual Home
Annie Diamond Most Lovely Things
Joni Webb Cote de Texas



Are you on board with these are are you scratching your head and mumbling "what is she talking about....I have been doing all of these for years".  
That may be true and we may be a little late to the party here in Georgia:)

Shaystwocents








0 comments:

Post a Comment