BEFORE AND AFTER

By
Advertisement




Yo.....how was your weekend?  Rainy here in Atlanta and I pretty much worked most of it.  I have a guest bedroom install next Monday so I hit up 5....yes 5 HomeGoods looking for loot.  This is a long time client and I have done their whole house so I'm gonna pull this one together on the fly:)

I must have 20 pillows in my car because I keep changing the plan......crikey.

Think blue and white because it is always easy to find good stuff in those colors!

Scored this one to start the plan!

I have a lot to do before I leave on the big trip....8 days until checkin....

Finishing up a project for another long time client.  We are adding some new lighting and a few architectural elements to the fireplace and the powder bath.

This is what the small keeping area off the kitchen  looked like 5 years ago on my first visit.


And this was the after....
These Lee Industries chair and 1/2 are the most sat in chairs in the whole house!

But it was time for a change....the mantel was always too small and she wanted to change the gray surround.

I talked her into keeping the gray and working with it!
I had my contractor build a new mantel and stain it gray!

Then we built it out with shiplap and trim covering the raw edges of the tile and he had these brackets which gave it a little more presence.

He did a great job matching the gray!

And here she is all painted and looking so much better!

Now to put it back together with a new rug....pillows....and recovered chairs.
And a new FP screen....


To give it a little more modern look!

That's all I got for you.....

I have a photoshoot today and yesterday I got home at 8:00 pm after shopping for a few accessories...flowers and such.  I wish I could have hired a stylist because then I could just hang and have fun.....but I kept thinking I could pull this off.

At this point I'm thinking poor planning on my part:(  When am I going to start listening to that little voice of reason that tries to but into my inner conversations?

Oh yeah.....I finally bought a new computer and when I went into the Apple store I was sure I was going to get another Macbook Air but the guy looked at me and said.....aren't you tired of driving that Taurus.....are you ready for a Maserati now?

Huh?

Well I guess so if you put it that way...haha.


The point is..... I took it home [because I didn't want to wait around at the Apple store] and migrated it myself.  Now I'm no "techie"....so I am here to say it was that easy.  Do not pay for someone to do that!


Shayfrazzled  






0 comments:

Post a Comment