Delicious Egg Salad Quesadilla

By
Advertisement
This Sunday is Easter, so chances are you may end up with a few hard boil eggs at your house that need to be to eaten up. Today, I have a delicious recipe to share with you that will have all of those extra hard boil eggs gone in no time. 




I came up with this recipe one day when I was thinking of making myself an egg salad sandwich, but I was in the mood for something warm and cheesy rather than just your average egg salad between two slices of bread. And that's how I came up with this Egg Salad Quesadilla recipe.


-Ingredients to make one quesadilla-

- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs 
- 1/4 C Mayo
-1 Tbs Mustard
- 1 large Tortillia
-1/2  C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 C Spinach
- Salt - Pepper - Paprika

-Directions- 

Peel two hard boiled eggs, place them in a small bowl, and mashed them up a bit with a fork. 
Add mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix together and set aside.  

Next, place a large tortilla in a fry pan, sprinkle on the shredded cheddar cheese, and cook over medium heat. When the cheese is melted and the tortilla is lightly crispy, transfer to a plate. 

Add the egg salad mixture and spinach to the tortilla.

(Note: I wasn't sure if I should call this a taco or a quesadilla, because normally with a quesadilla you add a second tortilla, but instead I just used one. And a soft taco is normally rolled up).


Fold the tortilla over, and cut in half. 


So what would you call this; a taco, or a quesadilla?


Either way, You can just call it delicious! This is definitely not your grandma's egg salad sandwich -that's for sure.


I'm looking forward to Easter and eating these for a week straight :) 
I hope you enjoy this recipe too.

Thanks for stopping by,

Emily




Like it? Pin it for later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment