LIVING ROOM DESIGN PLAN

By
Advertisement





Happy freaking Friday.  

I have a confession to make and I wonder how other people handle this situation.  I profess to being generally a responsible eater.  I don't buy chips and sweets because I know they will make me fat fatter.  For desert I might eat a yogurt or a Kind Bar [love those].

Here is where the story gets dicy.  I was at Trader Joe's the other day and [I blame it on the fact that I was very hungry] I must have blacked out because I threw these in my cart.


Now in theory I would eat one or two and repeat the next evening right?  I was polite and offered my husband a couple.

Y'all.....I hoovered through everyone one of them [total of 10] before 9:30 pm.  Not one ounce of self control.

I am going on record to say I am actually not a responsible desert eater.  

Period.

#stilllearningat65

True confessions are over.  

On to design.

I shared the bedroom foyer project with you the other day and now I have the living room.  The is a huge room with gorgeous views!

Let's start with the floor plan....


This house was designed by Henri Jova and built in 1971.

And this was the real estate picture...

You can see I changed the whole floor plan because we have these 2 pieces.....

This one is on the wall where the sofa was.  The inside will be painted a deeper blue and the gold toned down just a little....


This huge piece of art on the opposite wall which is probably 6' x 8'

OK...stage is set.

 Let me break it down for you.....

This Bungalow 5 chair with cushions covered in this fabric



Sofa covered in this beautiful deep teal blue! With the floral above as pillows.....

Under the large picture I selected this Lee Industries bench covered in the cut velvet fabric.


End tables on each side of the sofa.

Not sure about the lamps yet but these are contenders....



Across from the twig chair is this one


The fireplace.....still trying to figure out how to update this mirror situation...:) Thoughts?

Facing the wall of windows toward the view we have 2 of these chairs [minus the buttons]

Covered in the solid with 2 ottomans.  The trim will go on the skirts of the ottomans and the folded fabric as pillows.

Next to each chair will be these floor lamps from Circa Lighting.

And this coffee table from Serena and Lily.
For curtains this gorgeous scrim.....and because the walls are heavily textured I am planking them....


I would love to hang a chandelier but am told that can not happen because of wiring....silly electricians.....don't challenge me!

 It has taken all week to price this baby out, check stock and drill down on what goes where.  So funny because after putting it all out there I have already thought of a few changes.....hee haw.

#ittakestimeforperfection

Shazam










0 comments:

Post a Comment