New lighting ideas for our Kitchen, Which would you pick?

By
Advertisement
I recently gave our kitchen a new look by painting the walls white. As you probably know, the walls were a teal color before.  I'll be back soon to share more of the room with you. Today, I wanted to talk about kitchen light fixtures.  

You're probably familiar with the light fixture I have hanging in our kitchen currently.  I created these light shades using a pair of wicker food covers. And as you can see, they too recently got painted white.



I came up with the idea of  using wicker food covers for light shades years ago as a quick fix. Before, the lights had a tan frosted glass shade on them that was not at all my style. The wicker shades gave the room a casual, beach house, look which fits my style and the rest of our home's decor perfectly.

Even though I think the wicker light shades are fun,  I believe that it is probably time to switch them out with something modern and new.  I recently found out about a website called,
Lightinhome that carries a wide variety of modern lighting. I have picked out a few options that I think would look amazing in our kitchen and would love to hear your thoughts.

Let's start with my favorite,  I really love these and think either the white or the black would be a great fit. 



These next ones have almost the same look, but a different style.


I  really like the simpleness of these ones.


Of course I would be drawn to this one. It has that nautical look to it that I just love.


This white industrial  light fixture is a classic and would never go out of style.


Now, for some lights that are truly original and would be sure to make a statement in the room.
This wood and rope one is simply beautiful!


This one is rattan, so it's some-what similar to what I have now, but it would definitely be an upgrade.


Here, the blue one in particular caught my eye.  Isn't it just so chic?


And I saved the best for last.  I think this is such a cool, one-of-a-kind, light fixture that will be sure to have all of my guest talking about it.  Seriously, how awesome is this?  I love it!


So what do you think? Do you have a favorite?
I'd love to hear your  thoughts in a comment below.  

You can find even more great lighting options at Lightsinhome, go check them out.

Have a great day,


Emily



0 comments:

Post a Comment